Thursday, July 25, 2013

Nautical Oxfords



Okay, so this girl does not usually wear oxfords unless I'm serving at a school function or I'm wearing a pencil skirt. Even then, they are not my favorite thing to wear. Mostly, I think, because for 7th and 8th grade I had to wear either an oxford or polo and khaki or navy skirt for my school uniform, and, after wearing polos every day for three straight years, I was SICK of them! So I wore oxfords every day...for two years....and now I am almost sick of them too...I may have a problem since this has happened twice!

Anyway, I may be willing to start wearing oxfords casually JUST for these because they are so. darn. COOL!

Kiel James Patrick is a company that is new to me (introduced to me by my brother) and, although their stuff is a little pricey, their designs are really cool. And KJP seems like a pretty awesome person (if he's real). I mean, just listen to this opening line for their company bio:

"The inspiration for the Kiel James Patrick brand was brought on by years spent exploring vintage clothing stores, antique shops and friend's attics in search of the age-old quality, style and construction once easily found in American made goods." (for more bio, click on the link above)


I mean, COME ON?! I JUST WANT TO HANG OUT WITH HIM!!! 

Anyway, I digress. Here is my top pick for his oxfords:





This top would be so cute just casually with a pair of jeans and a blazer (my favorite accessory), or even dressed up with a skirt. I would wear funky jewels, like maybe a big cocktail ring or an extra-large gold watch. Also, layered bracelets would be a MUST for me! Pop on your favorite sunnies, grab your fav satchel and you're ready to go out for a cruise with your friends with the top down and music turned all the way up! 


Next pick from their collection? 




This fabulous shirt is TO DIE FOR. I'm ALL about funky patterns, and this one tugs at my heart (and my wallet). It's calling my name, begging me to take it home...*echo* buy me...buy me... *le sigh* I would totally wear this with white shorts/jeans, like in the first picture. Or you could even wear it with one of the obscure colors in the flags, like orange or navy. Would be so cute!! 

If only I could afford it all...sadly I need to save up for a car (the ultimate dilemma: to buy clothes or to buy essential life items). 

That's all for now, folks! 

Love
-The Southern Hippie 



No comments:

Post a Comment